Qualified companies are eligible to receive a $20,000 grant and mentorship from PepsiCo leaders
DOES YOUR COMPANY:
Offer solutions to enable
HEALTHY AGING & PERSONALIZED WELLNESS
Offer novel & unique
INGREDIENTS, SERVICES & TECHNOLOGIES
Empower each of us to
LIVE LIFE WITH VITALITY
INVITING BREAKTHROUGH INGREDIENT & TECHNOLOGY START UPS & ENTERPRENEURS TO JOIN OUR GREENHOUSE ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
Support ingredient and technology entrepreneurs through a collaborative mentor-guided business acceleration program.
We’re looking for breakthrough functional innovations and technologies that offer proven clinical solutions to improve every aspect of the aging process through wellness and health management: We’re most interested in the areas of:
- Ingredients and/or product that are proven to support healthy aging
- Supplements & ingredients both natural and synthetic that support every aspect of healthy aging
- Devices & services that assist in health management and monitoring
- Encouraging healthy diet and lifestyle through all life stages
We’ll offer up to ten breakthrough innovators a $20,000 grant as well as an invitation to participate in a 6-month program designed to accelerate their idea. At the end of the program, we’ll award one company with a $100,000 grant to continue growing their business.
We are looking to discover and nurture game-changing innovations in technology and nutrition companies with a particular focus on the following areas:
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN NUTRITIONAL INGREDIENTS
We want to help innovators with science-supported ingredients and products that enable each of us to take an active role in improving their personal nutrition and lifestyle.
HEALTHY AGING & WELLNESS MANAGEMENT
We’re looking to encourage overall wellness by offering more products and services that allow us to age with more vitality, confidence and enjoyment.
PERSONALIZED NUTRITION & HEALTH MONITORING
We’re seeking devices, applications and services such as wearables and wellness monitoring methods that encourage health awareness, behaviors and practices to help us all enjoy life through the ages.
PURPOSE DRIVEN & GLOBALLY RESPONSIBLE
We want to help accelerate companies with a true mission to be great stewards of our personal wellness as well as our planet, representing diverse backgrounds and lifestyles.
HOW IT WORKS
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Greenhouse Accelerator is a 6-month program where up to 10 innovators will be selected and paired with a PepsiCo mentor team. The team will be challenged to demonstrate collaboration and measurable progress, based on a mutually developed action plan. Companies will have access to subject matter experts, resources and a curriculum of business and training modules, and will also be able to collaborate with other participating companies. Companies will benefit from PepsiCo research & development experience as well as perspectives on business models, product development, science & regulatory practices, market activation and other disciplines.
Participating companies and their mentors will plan and execute an initiative using a $20,000 grant to demonstrate collaboration and tangible results in an entrepreneurial fashion. An evaluation committee made up of a third party adjudicator, PepsiCo business units and PepsiCo External Innovation team will award a $100,000 prize to one winning company based on the company’s progress, level of collaboration and effective use of the $20,000 grant.
Up to 10 participating companies will be required to participate in three events:
- Greenhouse Accelerator virtual kick-off and orientation event on January 13, 2021.
- A virtual Mid-term event to share progress updates on or about March 24, 2021.
- A virtual final program graduation event and final $100,000 grant recipient announcement celebration on or about June 16, 2021.
All participating companies will be required to sign a Greenhouse Accelerator Participation Grant Acceptance Agreement. The $20,000 grant comes with ‘no strings attached’ except that it may not be used to pay debt or bonuses. The $100,000 prize also carries similar restrictions and allows PepsiCo an exclusive period of six months to discuss further partnership opportunities with PepsiCo or any of its affiliated companies.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the application form prior to December 14, 2020 including as much information as possible to help us understand why your business should be included in the Wellness & Health Management Greenhouse Accelerator.
HOW TO APPLY
Try to be as complete as possible with your answers, keeping in mind that confidential information should not be shared. An external 3rd party will review all submissions and our selection committee will choose finalists based on the following criteria:
- Ingredient and product qualities: based on nutrient profile, potential health claims, science-based efficacy, GRAS status, clean label, cultural and lifestyle relevance, and other factors that appeal to consumers as they age
- A clear focus on consumer health and personalized nutrition: including wellness, better-for-you foods and beverages, as all aspects of healthy aging, such as immunology, digestive health, vitality, mobility, brain/cognition health, stress and mood management/sleep
- Technologies and services, such as wearables and diagnostic methods to inform and enable wellness management and healthier aging lifestyles
- Scalability of business model
- Uniqueness in the market
- Based in North American with clear and sustained in-market execution
- Balanced gender and ethnic diversity
If your business is chosen, you’ll have the opportunity to share a brief presentation about what’s great about your company at the Greenhouse Accelerator Launch Event on January 13, 2021 via a virtual web-based meeting platform
If chosen as a participant, you’ll receive a grant of $20,000 to help accelerate your business. You’ll also have the opportunity to work alongside PepsiCo’s Greenhouse “MENTORS” or subject matter experts across all aspects of business development.
Working with PepsiCo’s Business Development team, we’ll identify opportunities to accelerate your company’s business model in today’s ever-changing market.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Here’s what we’re looking for:
PERSONAL NUTRITION & HEALTHY AGING
Does your business offer ingredients, products or services that encourage healthy lifestyle as we age?
PROOF OF CONCEPT AND MARKET AVAILABILITY
Is your business operationally viable and available in the market today?
Are you open to business development and optimization partnerships with PepsiCo and affiliated businesses?
Do you currently operate within the North American Marketplace, including the US and Canada?