The PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator Middle East: Sustainability launches October 28th
Be one of 10 innovative start-ups working together to make the Middle East more sustainable.
Collaborate, innovate, accelerate
The PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator is a mentor-led program that nurtures the next generation of innovation around the globe by supporting start-ups and entrepreneurs to launch and grow new businesses that reimage the food supply chain.
The PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator will identify and support emerging and disruptive technologies and services with the potential to transform the way consumers reduce, reuse, and recycle food and beverage containers.
PepsiCo’s vision is a world where packaging never becomes waste. As one of the world’s most respected food and beverage companies, PepsiCo aims to use its reach and influence to help change the way society makes, uses, and disposes of packaging. To achieve this vision, PepsiCo is taking a three-pronged approach to meeting sustainable packaging goals and drive toward a circular economy including:
- Reducing the amount of packaging used;
- Driving an economy for recycled materials and supporting recycling to keep material in the circular economy; and
- Reinventing packaging materials and scaling innovative packaging solutions.
How it Works
During the 6-month PepsiCo Greenhouse Accelerator selected innovators will be paired with a PepsiCo mentor team and receive an initial $20,000 USD grant to work on a new business initiative that helps reduce packaging waste. Throughout the program, participating companies will have access to subject matter experts, resources, and a curriculum of business courses. PepsiCo experts will provide insights on research and development as well as perspectives on business models, product development, regulatory practices, market activation, and other areas. At the program’s closing event in July 2022, a panel of judges will award one participating company with a $100,000 USD prize to help advance and scale their innovation.
- October 28, 2021 – Hybrid launch event in Dubai, UAE
- November 1, 2021 – Call for applications opens
- December 15, 2021 – Applications close
- February 9, 2022 – Greenhouse Accelerator kick-off and orientation event
- April 16, 2022 – Virtual mid-term event to share progress updates
- July 20, 2022 – Final program graduation event and $100,000 USD grant recipient announcement
Accepting Applications Starting November 1
Sign up now and be first in line!